Col. Kevin M. Lord is the Commander of the 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik Air Base, Türkiye. As Commander, Col. Lord is responsible for approximately 3,500 U.S. military, civilian and contractor personnel and the combat readiness of U.S. Air Force units at Incirlik and four geographically-separated units in Türkiye. He is also responsible for Base Operations Support Integration (BOS-I) activities for Türkiye-based joint and combined combat forces conducting operations in the region.
Col. Lord received his Bachelor of Science degree in Foreign Area Studies from the United States Air Force Academy in 2000. He then attended the University of Hawaii under the Air Force Academy's Dean's Graduate Studies Program and earned a Master of Arts in International Relations specializing in United States-Japan security policy. He has served as an F-16 Instructor Pilot, Flight Commander, Director of Operations and Wing Inspector General during flying assignments at Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, Eglin Air Force Base, Florida, and Misawa Air Base, Japan, as well at Director of the Joint Staff Special Access Programs Central Office at the Pentagon. Prior to his arrival at Incirlik Air Base, Türkiye, Col. Lord served as the Commander of the 20th Operations Group at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.
2000 Bachelor of Science in Foreign Area Studies, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
2001 Master of Arts Degree in International Relations, University of Hawaii, Honolulu
2012 Master of Arts Degree in Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Master of Arts in National Security Studies, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. May 2000 - June 2001, AFIT Student, University of Hawaii, Honolulu
2. June 2001 - October 2002, Student, Euro NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
3. October 2002 - February 2003, Student, F-16 Initial Training, Springfield OHANG, Springfield, Ohio
4. February 2003 - January 2008, F-16 Division Chief, 52nd Operational Support Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
5. January 2008 - October 2010, Assistant Director of Operations, 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. October 2010 - June 2011, Deputy Chief, Commanders Action Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
7. June 2011 - June 2012, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. June 2012 - June 2013, Combat Air Forces Functional Manager and Program Element Monitor, United States Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
9. June 2013 - July 2014, Chief, Weapons and Tactics Branch, United States Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa, Ramstein AB, Germany
10. July 2014 - February 2015, Director of Operations, 35th Operational Support Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
11. February 2015 - July 2016, 35th Fighter Wing Inspector General, Misawa, AB, Japan
12. July 2016 - July 2018, Commander, 35th Operations Support Squadron, Misawa, AB, Japan
13. July 2018 - June 2019, Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
14. June 2019 - July 2021, Director, Special Access Program Central Office, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
15. July 2021 - May 2023, Commander, 20th Operations Group, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
16. May 2023 - Present, Commander, 39th Air Base Wing, Incirlik AB, Türkiye
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2019 - July 2021, Director, Special Access Program Central Office, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va., as a Colonel
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 1,900
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, T-38C, F-16 (Blocks 25/30/40/42/50/52)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
(Current as of June 2023)