AFAF in full swing
By Staff Sgt. Caleb Pierce, 39th Air Base Wing Public Affairs
/ Published March 23, 2016
INCIRLIK AIR BASE, Turkey --
The 2016 Air Force Assistance Fund campaign kicks off March 21, 2016, here.
Last year, Incirlik Air Base raised a total of $26,894 in contributions. This year, Incirlik has set a goal of raising a minimum of $28,557.
"The AFAF Campaign directly supports all of our Airmen and their families from entry to retirement," said Capt. Sharya Qureshi, AFAF Installation representative. "This campaign provides needed assistance during rough times. It is a way to support each other here at Incirlik and across the U.S. Air Force as a whole."
AFAF is an approved Air Force-level fundraiser, which raises funds for four affiliated charities: The Air Force Aid Society, Air Force Village Foundation, Air Force Enlisted Village and the General and Mrs. Curtis E. LeMay Foundation.
According to the AFAF organization, the campaign is an annual effort to raise funds for charitable affiliates that provide support to Air Force families in need (active duty, retirees, reservists, guard and dependents, including surviving spouses). The charitable affiliate organizations provide support in an emergency, with educational needs, or a secure retirement home for widows or widowers of our Air Force members in need of financial assistance.
"The AFAF is important to me because it has given hope and help to a multitude of Air Force members and their families," said Staff Sgt. Thomas Myers, 39th Air Base Wing NCO in-charge of chapel resource management. "The AFAF is one of the few programs that gives right back to the Air Force."
This year the Incirlik AFAF Committee will be holding fundraising activities during the campaign.
Individuals wishing to donate may do so via cash or check, but active duty or retired members may also donate through automatic payroll deduction.
For more information or to donate, contact a unit representative or visit http://afassistancefund.org.
- 39th Air Base Wing Staff Agency: Master Sgt. Donny Barton, Staff Sgt. Thomas Myers, and Deborah Bernstein
- 39th Civil Engineer Squadron: Tech. Sgt. Jason Bierman
- 39th Communications Squadron: Master Sgt. Jeremy Fox and Staff Sgt. Jacob Schalk
- 39th Comptroller Squadron: Staff Sgt. Saiomy Santiago
- 39th Contracting Squadron: Master Sgt. David Alvarez
- 39th Mission Support Group/Force Support Squadron: Master Sgt. Robert Mills
- 39th Logistics Readiness Squadron: Staff Sgt. Ronell Wilder
- 39th Maintenance Squadron: Tech. Sgt. David King
- 39th Medical Group: Tech. Sgt. Monique Roberts
- 39th Medical Operations Squadron: Staff Sgt. Shannon Lee and Senior Airman Bradley LeDuc
- 39th Medical Support Squadron: Airman 1st Class Darnell Timmons
- 39th Operations Support Squadron: Staff Sgt. Amanda Richardson
- 39th Security Forces Squadron: Master Sgt. Ricky Bradley and Tech. Sgt. Joseph Helguero
- 39th Expeditionary Mission Support Group: Airman 1st Class Breanna Coburn and Michael Belle
- 728th Air Mobility Squadron: 1st Lt. Coryn Wilson, Tech. Sgt. Adrian Armour, and Tech. Sgt. Dorian McNab
- 425th Air Base Squadron/NATO: Tech. Sgt. Robert Wilson and Senior Airman Roben Lorber
- 717th Air Base Squadron: Senior Airman Patrick Covaleskie